It is an exciting time for the local community with the NSW Government committing $1.3 billion to build a new state-of-the-art Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital.
The new Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital will be built on a new site with the project to commence prior to March 2023.
We want to hear from you
We are currently assessing site options for the new hospital.
A Request for Information ran from 17 July to 28 August 2020, inviting landowners who own potentially suitable sites for the new hospital to nominate their land for consideration.
Please visit Colliers website here to find out more.
As the project progresses, we will keep you up-to-date about how you can have your say to help us plan for the new hospital.
To contact the project team, email email@example.com or call 1300 176 082.
Why do we need a new hospital?
By 2036, the local government area is expected to grow by about 21 per cent to nearly half-a-million people. To meet the growing healthcare needs of the community, Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital needs a major expansion.
We need a site with space for a range of integrated health services which can better serve the needs of our community. In addition, a new site will give us more opportunities for research and education, which will help attract new staff and provide more local and diverse job opportunities.
The new hospital will:
- transform the delivery of healthcare in Bankstown and its surrounding suburbs
- give local and nearby residents access to more health services closer to home
- offer an improved experience for patients and carers by creating a ‘health neighbourhood’ for integrated health care
- deliver contemporary working environments and create new career opportunities through an increased capacity for research education and training .
The new Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital will provide:
- Expanded emergency services
- Intensive care
- Surgery and interventional procedures
- Women’s and Children’s Health
- Aged health
- Mental health
- Cancer services
- Ambulatory care services
- Community Health Services.
Where are we up to?
A Clinical Services Plan is currently being finalised, detailing the new hospital’s services and examining the use of new technologies including virtual care solutions. The site selection process has commenced.
BBankstown Factsheet - English
Bankstown Factsheet - Arabic
Bankstown Factsheet - Chinese (Simplified)
Bankstown Factsheet - Chinese (Traditional)
Bankstown Factsheet - Greek
Bankstown Factsheet - Vietnamese