Almost 600 people from Armidale and across the region enjoyed a behind-the-scenes view of the completed first stage of the $60 million Armidale Hospital Redevelopment during last weekend’s community open day.
The new four-storey hospital building, the central part of the redevelopment, threw open its doors, giving people from around the district an opportunity to see the future of the region’s healthcare.
The redevelopment provides:
- A brand new Emergency Department
- Four new operating theatres and procedure room
- A new and expanded Critical Care Unit
- A new Medical Inpatient Unit
- A new Central Sterilising Supplies Department
- Improved Day Surgery Unit
- Improved Mortuary Facilities.
From next week, medically sensitive areas will be sterilised to a clinical standard and staff will transition to the new building as it becomes an operating hospital