Tuesday 11 August 2020
The $200 million Wyong Hospital Redevelopment has reached a significant milestone, with a traditional topping out ceremony held today to celebrate the six-storey building reaching its highest point.
The redevelopment of Wyong Hospital has created more than 800 jobs, including positions for 33 apprentices who are learning skills in areas including plumbing, electrical, fire safety and plastering.
The project is set to deliver:
- new and expanded:
- emergency department
- intensive care unit
- medical imaging department
- medical assessment unit
- psychiatric emergency care centre
- paediatric unit
- refurbishment of the existing hospital:
- more operating theatre capacity
- expanded medical day unit
- expanded transit lounge
- additional inpatient beds with future expansion space.
The new building will be complete in mid-to-late 2021 and the refurbishment will be finished in early 2022.
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter