Friday 12 June 2020
Construction of the new $194 million Coffs Harbour Hospital has celebrated another milestone with the precast structure reaching its highest point during construction.
The new hospital will provide high-quality contemporary and accessible care close to home for communities in the Coffs Harbour, Bellingen and Nambucca council areas.
Health Infrastructure Chief Executive Rebecca Wark toured the new building to celebrate the milestone.
“The new Coffs Harbour hospital will ensure high-quality contemporary and accessible care close to home,” she said.
Construction will now focus on prefabricated bathroom pods and façade installation and service trades.
Once completed the redevelopment will deliver:
- a larger emergency department
- enhancements to existing surgical and operating theatres
- additional new operating theatres
- a new short stay surgical unit
- an expansion of ambulatory care for the community to access outpatient health services
- increased capacity for chemotherapy and renal dialysis
- research and education facilities
Health Infrastructure expects the new Clinical Services Building to be handed over in mid-2021 followed by the District’s commissioning and commencement of operations in late 2021. This will be followed by refurbishment of parts of the existing hospital in 2022.
Further information about the redevelopment can be found here
Building hospitals and healthcare facilities is a complex operation - find out more
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter