Today marked the start of construction on the new $32 million Tumbarumba Multipurpose Service (MPS) site.
The project is part of the NSW Government’s $300 million MPS Program, which is improving access to health and aged care services in rural communities.
The new two-storey facility will enable high quality, accessible care for the local community, particularly for older residents, providing:
- A new acute inpatient wing
- Refurbishment of the existing residential aged care building
- A new residential aged care wing
- Expanded Emergency Department including two resuscitation bays and consultation/triage rooms
- New and expanded Community Health area
- Lounge for families of Palliative Care and other patients.
The Murrumbidgee Local Health District and Health Infrastructure have been working closely with its redevelopment partners and local user groups including doctors, nurses, allied health and support staff to develop the final layouts and configurations of the new facilities.
Construction of the site is expected to be completed in 2020.