Tuesday 5 May 2020
The $200 million Wyong Hospital Redevelopment
reached a major milestone, with the first of the new building’s 23 concrete slabs poured recently.
The first concrete pour forms the foundation for level 2 of the new hospital building which will be home to a new emergency department, short stay unit, medical imaging department and psychiatric emergency care centre.
Construction began in 2018 on the 250 space car park which is now in use, and work on the new hospital building has been underway since January 2020.
The new hospital building will include:
- a new and expanded emergency department
- a new and expanded intensive care unit
- a new psychiatric emergency care centre
- a new paediatric unit
- a new and expanded medical imaging department
- a new and expanded medical assessment unit
- additional inpatient beds with future expansion space.
The refurbishment of the existing hospital building will include more operating theatre capacity, an expanded medical day unit and an expanded transit lounge.
Despite the challenges created by COVID-19, construction work continues.
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter