Thursday 13 August 2020
The $17.5 million Grafton Base Hospital Ambulatory Care Centre is now open.
The new state-of-the-art centre houses a range of existing clinical services that used to be dispersed across the health campus. The co-located services include:
- Oncology and haematology services
- Renal dialysis unit Physiotherapy department
- Occupational therapy department
- Podiatry department
- Speech pathology department
- Fracture clinics and osteo-refracture clinics
- Dietetics and nutrition outpatient clinics
- Occupational therapy outpatient clinics
- Outpatient clinics for patients with chronic conditions including Cardiac and Respiratory Rehabilitation services, Diabetes Education and Diabetes Foot Clinics.
The new two-storey building also features an under-croft loading dock, new links to the existing hospital campus, and an all-weather public drop-off zone at the Main Entrance.
Staff, patients, and consumers were involved in design and fit-out of the building to ensure the space meets the clinical needs of the community now and into the future.