Tuesday 19 January 2021
The Tweed-Byron community is one step closer to having a brand-new health campus.
Lendlease has been awarded the main works contract and major construction is now underway for the new $673.3 million Tweed Valley Hospital.
The project is the largest regional capital health investment funded by the NSW Government, and is among the NSW Government’s 24 priority projects with planning approval fast-tracked
in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The new hospital will almost double the capacity of the existing Tweed Hospital and include:
- expanded emergency department
- enhanced medical, surgical and mental health services
- expanded ambulatory care services with more outpatient clinics
- 12 operating theatres, an increase of five from the existing Tweed Hospital
- new interventional cardiology service
- new radiotherapy service as part of integrated cancer care, including a PET-CT suite.
Lendlease will hold an industry briefing and jobs expo in the coming weeks to showcase the employment and training opportunities for local businesses resulting from the hospital project during the main works.
The hospital is on track to open to patients in 2023.
More details can be found on the project website at www.tweedvalleyhospital.health.nsw.gov.au
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter