Construction on the Northern Tower as part of Stage 3 of the $320 million Lismore Base Hospital Redevelopment is progressing.
"The Hospital staff are really excited about the next stage of development,” said Project Director at Health Infrastructure, Geoff Ong.
“It will be great to see this site start to come together now, and I, as well as the rest of the Project Team are excited to follow progress of the construction over the coming months.”
Expected to be completed in 2020, the North Tower will provide:
- inpatient wards, including one medical and one surgical ward;
- an intensive care unit and high dependency unit;
- imaging/radiology unit;
- extension of the peri-operative unit;
- hospital administration facilities;
- additional plant facilities.
Construction of the North Tower follows on from the completion of the Southern Tower in April this year, which included the opening of new theatres, paediatrics and women’s care facilities.