26 November 2018
What do Coffs Harbour and Shellharbour share besides the word ‘harbour’?
Both cities celebrated a ceremonial sod turn for hospital redevelopments this month!
Last Friday, the sod was turned on early works for the $251 million Shellharbour Hospital
redevelopment. The project team was joined by the local member of parliament to mark the occasion. To be delivered in partnership with Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District, the hospital will provide:
- a brand new emergency department;
- 2 extra operating theatres;
- additional critical care services;
- increased acute inpatient surgical services; and
- expanded outpatient clinic space.
And the Coffs Harbour Hospital campus expansion
is also underway with its first sod turned today by the project team and the local member.
This $194 million project will provide the growing mid north coast community access to new and improved health care.
Delivered in partnership with Mid North Coast Local Health District, new facilities will include:
- an expanded emergency department;
- new and enhanced operating theatres;
- a short stay surgical unit;
- new orthopaedic and vascular unit; and
- expansion of ambulatory care and community health facilities.
Experience the plans for yourself! Watch the Coffs Harbour flythrough
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter
Image: Coffs Harbour Hospital campus expansion artist impression