The new nine-level centre, which was completed six months ahead of schedule, has been officially opened.
The centerpiece of the $277 million St George Hospital Redevelopment, the Acute Services Building will ensure patients in the community can get first-class care, in a first-class facility, featuring:
- A 52-bed intensive care and high dependency unit
- A cardiac catheterisation unit
- 128 inpatient beds
- A sterilising services department
- An atrium linking to ED, Tower Ward Block and the Clinical Services Building
- 8 additional digital and interventional operating theatres.
The next stage of the St George Hospital Redevelopment will be the expansion of the multi-deck car park, which is expected to be completed early next year.