Demolition works are now underway at Nepean Hospital to clear the way for the $576 million redevelopment project.
L to R: Premier Gladys Berejiklian, Minister for Western Sydney and Member for Penrith Stuart Ayres, Health Infrastructure Chief Executive Sam Sangster
Premier Gladys Berejiklian today joined Minister for Health Brad Hazzard to sound the horn to mark the start of demolition of the Pialla building; which will make way for the hospital’s new multi-storey car park.
The Nepean Redevelopment will see many major improvements to the hospital, including doubling the capacity in medical oncology, almost doubling in birthing suites and building at least 12 new operating theatres.
Stage 1 of the redevelopment will also include:
- A new clinical services block
- A new and expanded emergency department
- More than 200 beds in new accommodation
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- New community health services
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation, an increase of 10.
Construction on the multi-storey car park is scheduled for completion in early 2019.
Download a copy of the original media release.