Health Infrastructure completed a redevelopment of the Dubbo Hospital campus to significantly upgrade and expand health service delivery to the Dubbo community and the regional and remote areas of western NSW.
Dubbo Hospital is a major regional referral hospital providing essential health services to thousands of people living in Dubbo and western NSW including the communities of Walgett, Bourke and Cobar.
The major expansion and upgrade of hospital services was required to continue to provide the highest quality care to these communities and deliver essential health services closer to home.
The NSW Government invested $150 million to redevelop the Dubbo Hospital - Stages 3 and 4.
The project will:
- Deliver a new three-storey clinical building to enable highly valued health staff to provide the very best care to the community
- Help attract and retain essential health staff and expand their skills through the delivery of contemporary models of care
- Provide a culturally appropriate, safe and welcoming place for all people in the western NSW district.
The project includes:
- Emergency Department and short stay unit
- Medical imaging unit
- Surgical inpatient unit
- A critical care floor that will include a coronary care/stroke unit, Intensive Care Unit and cardiac catheter laboratory
- Relocation of the renal dialysis unit
- Ambulatory care unit
- Front of house entry and drop off zone
- Additional parking on site.
For more information, visit the project website.
Below is documentation pertaining to the State Significant Development Application to the NSW Department of Planning and consent.