Health Infrastructure is planning to build the new Eurobodalla Regional Hospital to support the needs of the Eurobodalla Shire from Narooma to Batemans Bay.
The new Eurobodalla Regional Hospital will deliver a sustainable, modern and purpose-built facility to support the needs of the Eurobodalla Shire.
The new hospital will deliver patient-centred heath services closer to home by using the latest healthcare solutions and models of care.
In December 2021 the NSW Government announced an additional $60 million to develop the new Eurobodalla Health Service, bringing the total investment commitment to $260 million
The project will:
- Deliver a new and modern, purpose-built health facility to meet the growing needs of the Eurobodalla Shire
- Provide patient centric care in one location, improving accessibility to a range of health services across the region
- Help attract and retain high quality staff in a modern working environment that supports excellence in clinical practice and education
- Provide positive economic and social benefits within the Eurobodalla and surrounding communities through employment, skills development and local expenditure, during construction and into operations.
The project includes:
- Emergency Department
- Eight bed Intensive Care / Close Observation Unit
- Increased capacity for chemotherapy and increased access to renal dialysis
- Surgical and operating theatres
- Day stay surgical unit
- Expanded medical imaging department, including MRI
- Ambulatory care for community and outpatient services
- Paediatric and inpatient maternity beds and a special care nursery
- Mental health beds for short term admission
- Enhanced education and training, including a simulation lab.
For more information, visit the project website