Health Infrastructure is planning to redevelop Grafton Base Hospital to meet healthcare needs of the community now, and into the future.
The Grafton Base Hospital Redevelopment will improve capacity and models of care by providing contemporary spaces and associated clinical and non-clinical support services in a secure and safe environment for both patients and staff.
The NSW Government has committed $263.8 million to redevelop the Grafton Base Hospital.
The project will:
- Provide the infrastructure to meet the growing and changing healthcare needs of the population in the catchment area
- Support contemporary models of care
- Efficiently support the network of health services in the Clarence Valley region
- Improve the co-location of services, to support better patient access and staff work flows
- Provide culturally appropriate facilities to meet the needs of staff and the Aboriginal community in the catchment
- Provide a safe and modern work environment to attract and strengthen workforce to meet future demand.
The scope of the project will be determined through the planning process.
Planning for the future redevelopment of Grafton Base Hospital is underway, bringing the community a step closer to improved health services.
Health Infrastructure has engaged a specialist project team to undertake the detailed planning and design for the redevelopment. This includes:
- Mace Projects as the Project Manager
- Woods Bagot & HDR as the Architect
- Altus Group as the Cost Manager
A key focus of the Grafton Hospital Redevelopment project is the provision of a contemporary health facility and there is a shared desire to produce a culturally sensitive outcome for the community.
The zonal master plan for the Grafton Base Hospital redevelopment has been unveiled showing the direction for the new $263.8 million health facility.
The zonal master plan above shows the key areas for development on the site. Considerations in identifying this development zone include ensuring that key clinical services can remain operational during construction.
As part of the redevelopment, opportunities to improve onsite car parking and greenspace will also be considered.
The Clinical Services Plan is currently being finalised, which will outline the future service consideration for Grafton and the wider Clarence Valley.
The Grafton Base Hospital redevelopment is being delivered in partnership with Health Infrastructure and Northern NSW Local Health District.
Feedback received will be considered to finalise the master plan and develop the early designs for the new hospital.
It's important to us that healthcare services meet the needs of the people who use them. Community and stakeholder input are an essential part of planning the Grafton Base Hospital Redevelopment. We will continue to provide updates throughout all stages.
For more information, contact the project team HI-Graftonhospitalproject@health.nsw.gov.au