Health Infrastructure is overseeing a more than $1 billion expansion and upgrade of Nepean Hospital and community-based health services, which is being delivered in two stages.
Nepean Hospital, which is major metropolitan referral hospital for the western Sydney and Blue Mountains catchment areas, requires a significant expansion and upgrade of hospital and communitybased services to meet to the future health needs of the rapidly growing communities.
Construction of the Stage 1 tower is complete with services opening in stages since May 2022.
The NSW Government is investing $1 billion to redevelop the Nepean Hospital.
The project will:
- Deliver Penrith, the Blue Mountains and surrounding communities a contemporary, integrated hospital and community-based health service to meet their needs now, and into the future
- Enable health staff to provide the highest quality of care in a contemporary health setting for decades to come
- Improve access to integrated, person-centred closer to home
- Improve access to innovative, effective and welcoming health services for people living in rural and remote communities in western NSW.
Stage 1 includes:
- A new 14-storey hospital tower
- A new and expanded Emergency Department
- 16 new operating theatres
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation, an increase of ten
- A new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- More than 200 overnight beds in new accommodation
- A new multi-storey car park featuring a roof-top helipad
- New community health services
- Expansion of Nepean Cancer Care services.
Cardiology services, nuclear medicine and an additional inpatient floor from Stage 2 are being fitted-out in the Stage 1 tower as part of the NSW Government’s Stage 2 funding fast-track announcement in November 2020.
Stage 2 includes:
- An Intensive Care Unit
- Medical imaging services and nuclear medicine
- An in-centre renal dialysis unit
- More in-patient beds including paediatrics
- Clinical support services including pharmacy
- Staff education and training facilities
- Community health services
- A new front of house and reception area.
For more information, visit the project website
RELATED DOCUMENTS AND APPROVALS
A20a(ii): Current Statutory Approvals
A20a(iii): Approved Strategies, Plans and Programs
A20a(iv): Environmental Performance
A20a(v): Summary of Monitoring Results
A20a(vi): Summary of the Current Stage and Progress of the Development
A20a(vii): Contact Details to enquire about the project
A20a(viii): Complaints Register
A20a(ix): Audit Report and Applicants Response
B42: Compliance Reporting
A20a(i): Approved Plans