Work will soon be underway at the $479 million Ryde Hospital Redevelopment
site with AW Edwards appointed the main works building contractor for the project.
Ryde and surrounding communities are set to benefit from enhanced healthcare services close to home to meet the future health needs of the growing region.
The redevelopment will expand capacity at the hospital, and will include:
- a new and expanded emergency department
- a new and expanded medical imaging department
- a new expanded and enhanced intensive care unit
- new and expanded operating theatres and procedure rooms
- more adult overnight inpatient beds
- a new purpose-built ambulatory care centre
- a new paediatric short stay unit
- expanded and enhanced surgical/endoscopy day only spaces
- associated clinical and non-clinical support services including pharmacy, pathology, food, environmental, linen and supply services
- contemporary education, training and research to strengthen tertiary partnerships
- improved accessibility to the campus including internal roads, urban spaces, landscaping and wayfinding, and engineering and ICT service infrastructure.
Construction is expected to start in mid-2024.