3 June 2019
In a major milestone, the first sod has been turned at Campbelltown Hospital, kicking off main works construction on the hospital’s $632 million Stage 2 redevelopment.
Health Infrastructure’s project team joined the hospital staff and District and the Member for Camden to mark the start of construction of a new clinical services building.
Stage 2’s new building will bring to Macarthur communities a range of upgraded health services in a purpose-built, state-of-the-art facility and include:
- New clinical services building with modern wards and patient facilities
- Larger emergency department with more treatment spaces
- Enhanced medical and surgical children’s services
- Modern, centrally located mental health units
- State-of-the-art operating theatres and intensive care unit
- Substantial increase to women’s health services, including birthing suites and maternity ward.
Delivering a significant boost to health services in south western Sydney, the project will also establish Campbelltown Hospital as an international training ground for the next generation of doctors and researchers.
On track for completion in 2022, the redevelopment will help clinicians continue to provide first-class healthcare to one of the state’s fastest growing communities.
Watch the flythrough
and find more information on the Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment website.
Building hospitals and healthcare facilities is a complex operation - find out more
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter