The design of the new Eurobodalla Regional Hospital has taken another step forward with the appointment of Multiplex as the contractor to finalise the detailed design and planning.
A competitive tender process had been undertaken to engage the contractor to work on the detailed design for the development, which will deliver a sustainable, modern and purpose-built hospital to support the needs of the entire Eurobodalla community, from Narooma to Batemans Bay.
Securing Multiplex early allows the builder to work collaboratively with the project team, bringing their knowledge and expertise of healthcare infrastructure planning and construction to the hospital’s planning and design.
Multiplex will consult widely with local clinicians, staff, patients, and the community.
The new Eurobodalla Regional Hospital includes:
• Emergency Department
• eight-bed Intensive Care / Close Observation Unit
• increased capacity for chemotherapy and increased access to renal dialysis
• surgical and operating theatres and a day stay surgical unit
• expanded medical imaging department, including MRI service
• ambulatory care for community and outpatient services
• paediatric and maternity beds, and a special care nursery
• mental health beds for short term admission
• enhanced education and training facilities, including a simulation lab
Early works for the hospital are underway with construction due for completion in 2025.
For more information, visit the Eurobodalla Health Service website