Friday 28 August
The $470 million new Maitland Hospital reached its highest point of construction, with a traditional topping out ceremony held this week to celebrate the significant milestone.
Designed in collaboration with staff and the community, the new facility is set to provide a wide range of services including:
- emergency services
- medical, surgical, paediatric and maternity services
- critical care services for adults and babies, including a special care nursery
- operating theatres, delivery suites and assessment rooms
- palliative care and rehabilitation services
- mental health services
- satellite renal dialysis
- new chemotherapy service
- expanded oral health service
- range of ambulatory care and outpatient clinics
Almost 5,000 new jobs will be created as part of the hospital development, supported through the Maitland Connectivity Centre.
The Centre, run by Multiplex Constructions in partnership with the NSW Government, offers free training and job placement services throughout the project.
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter