The Cowra community can look forward to accessing enhanced health services within a new facility, with early works under way for the Cowra Hospital Redevelopment and construction expected to be complete in 2025.
The first sod has been turned at the new purpose-built facility which will provide the community with improved access to new and enhanced services, including the hospital’s first CT scanner and upgraded inpatient beds within a new, contemporary facility.
A new Tresillian Residential Unit will provide new parents seeking specialist care and support in the early years of parenting with access to these services, closer to home.
The new hospital will deliver:
- an emergency department,
- a general medical and surgery inpatient ward, including spaces to provide palliative care
- a peri-operative service (a range of surgical procedures),
- a maternity unit with a dedicated nursery,
- ambulatory care (services for outpatients) and Hospital in the Home,
- oral health (dental clinic),
- renal dialysis (dialysis treatment for outpatients),
- oncology (chemotherapy treatments),
- community and allied health
- mental Health, Drug and Alcohol services,
- tresillian inpatient beds for new mothers and their babies, and
- a medical imaging department including a new CT scanner and ultrasound, and
- staff accommodation.
Lipman has been appointed as the enabling works contractor for the project, which involves preparing the site ahead of main works construction starting later this year.
The redevelopment has been tailored to the needs of the Cowra community, with feedback from staff and the community informing the hospital’s two-level design, as well as access improvements, new onsite parking, landscaped areas and enhanced district views from the hospital.
All patient services will be maintained and continue to operate at the existing Cowra Hospital throughout the redevelopment.