Thursday 25 February 2021
Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment celebrated a major milestone, with a traditional topping out ceremony held for the new 12-storey Clinical Services Building.
The new building is a significant component of the NSW Government’s $632 million investment into Stage 2 of the hospital redevelopment project, due for completion in 2023.
Key features of the building include:
- new women’s health services including birthing suites and maternity ward
- increased children's outpatient, ambulatory care services and surgical services
- new nuclear medicine and dental services
- state-of-the-art digital operating theatres
- expanded emergency department with more treatment spaces
- modern mental health units
- facility-first dental and oral health department
- increased access to outpatient and ambulatory care services
- upgraded medical imaging equipment
- expanded cancer therapy centre and intensive care services
The locally-sourced eucalyptus tree featured as part of the topping out celebration will be planted on the hospital campus once construction is complete.
The NSW Government is investing a record $10.7 billion in health infrastructure over the next four years, including more than $900 million for rural and regional areas in 2020-21.
Learn more about the Campbelltown Hospital redevelopment project at www.campbelltownredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter