A larger emergency department, additional new operating theatres and increased capacity for renal dialysis are just some of a number of new services that have been delivered as part of the $194 million Coffs Harbour Health Campus Expansion Project, which is now officially opened.
Refurbishments have been completed on Emergency Department staff areas, perioperative services, support services areas, sterilising services, medical and rehabilitation wards, outpatient services, cardiac catheter laboratory, education and administration services.
The new multi-storey Clinical Services Building was completed in late 2021 and officially opened in December 2021.
The $194 million project has delivered additional facilities and services for the Coffs Harbour community and surrounding areas, including:
- a larger emergency department
- additional new operating theatres
- a new short stay surgical unit
- additional critical care and inpatient beds
- an expansion of ambulatory care for the community to access outpatient health services
- increased capacity for renal dialysis
- research and education facilities.
The Coffs Harbour Hospital expansion is part of the NSW Government’s $11.9 billion investment in health infrastructure over four years to 2025-26, with nearly a third of the capital allocation in this financial year going towards regional and rural health facilities.