Wednesday 27 May 2020
The $70.7 million Mudgee Hospital is now open to the public after Health Infrastructure and the Western NSW Local Health District worked together to bring forward the opening to provide extra capacity within the district to manage the potential operational impacts of COVID-19.
The new Mudgee Hospital now has a CT scanner, saving locals requiring this treatment travel to nearby centres.
The new hospital includes a range of new facilities that will enable Mudgee’s health staff to provide the very best care to the community for years to come, including:
- emergency department
- general medical and surgery unit
- peri-operative service (a range of surgical procedures)
- maternity unit
- ambulatory care (services for outpatients)
- oral health (dental clinic)
- renal dialysis (dialysis treatment for outpatients)
- oncology (chemotherapy treatments)
Building hospitals and healthcare facilities is a complex operation - find out more
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter