Wednesday 27 May 2020
The $73 million Macksville District Hospital, delivered in partnership with Health Infrastructure and Mid North Coast Local Health District, opened this week, with services scheduled to move into the new hospital in stages by Friday.
The new hospital will enhance patient and ambulatory care and outpatient treatments and increase capacity to meet the unique local health challenges and growing needs of the Nambucca Valley community.
The new services in the hospital include:
- new emergency department
- Aboriginal Cultural space
- new 8-bed acute inpatient unit and 14-bed subacute unit
- new operating theatre, procedure room and day procedure unit
- new maternity services, including two birthing suites and four Tresillian residential rooms
- enhanced community and allied health facilities
- medical imaging
- pathology collection room
- community health
- multi-faith area
- Nambucca Valley Cancer Support Group (NVCSG) meeting room.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the team launched a virtual video tour of the new hospital for the local community.
Current COVID-19 screening on arrival at the new hospital and visitor restrictions remain in place.
Building hospitals and healthcare facilities is a complex operation - find out more
Get all the latest Health Infrastructure news on Twitter